September TBR



I don't really tend to plan my reading to any major degree, I read what I feel like reading with a few exceptions for reading things in certain order, or in order to prepare for an upcoming release. But I do generally have some vague idea of a few of the things I would like to get to soon, so for this month, what's on my list?





The Tale Of Kitty In Boots by Beatrix Potter, illustrated by Quentin Blake
This was on my most anticipated list so of course I ordered myself a copy which arrived today and is gorgeous. It'll take mere minutes to get through this but I am looking forward to it. Because I am secretly six. And there is a kitty.

The Call by Peadar O'Guilin
Another from my most anticipated list, and another one I've already gotten my hands on, this is definitely a priority for me to get to. Disability representation is really important so I'm hoping this won't disappoint. Looks like it'll be a pretty quick read, maybe one for a rainy day.

The Trespasser by Tana French
The next installment of the excellent Dublin Murder Squad series, the second this thing gets released it will be in my hands and will be devoured whole. Because oh the grabby hands, they are intense. So this will most certainly be read by the end of the month. Because I have a mighty need.

The Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix
Because the new addition to this series, Goldenhand, comes out at the start of next month and I am beyond excited, preparations must be made, so a re-read it is, Clariel, Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen, here I come! One of my most beloved series, this will be a breeze to whizz through, I cannot wait to revisit these old favourites, so it'll either be the very end of this month or the very start of next, but I shall stick them here anyway.




A Cavern Of Black Ice by JV Jones
Alphabetical! This is the next book up alphabetically on my to be read list, a recent acquisition, so I'll be getting to the first four books in this fantasy series pretty soon. I know very little about this series other than that it has been on my wishlist for so long that I can't remember anything about it. It's fantasy. Maybe there'll be dragons? And black ice. Lots of people falling over. Ok, probably not that last one.

In A Different Key by John Donvan and Caren Zucker
A book about autism that was released around the same time as the excellent NeuroTribes, from what I've heard about it I think I'm going to hate this with a fiery passion and yet still want to read it. I bought myself a used copy last month because I didn't want to get it from the library and then want to destroy it. Because harming the library's book is not cool.

The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens
I want to continue on with my Dickens-athon having finally gotten back to it last month with Nicholas Nickleby. This is another that I really have zero prior knowledge of, bar what I gleaned from the opening episode of Dickensian that the BBC did over the Christmas period (I stopped watching after that but plan to return to it once I've read all of the Dickens) so I'm excited to see what good old Charles has in store for me this time, hopefully I'll get to this one towards the end of the month.




A Green And Ancient Light by Frederic S Durbin

This is a buddy read I've got planned but that has no set plan just yet so only a possible for this month. We decided that it feels like an autumnal kind of read so this should be in the next month or so, just depends on how we feel and when we get around to it. Might be this month, might not.

The Wolf Road by Beth Lewis
I won an ARC copy of this in a Goodreads giveaway months ago... and still haven't read it. Because I am rubbish. I really need to get to this already, I just haven't been in the mood for it. Hopefully now that the weather is due to start changing the slightly wintery cover will start appealing to me soon, because I've heard some great things.

Also whichever of the stack of library books I have that strikes my fancy, no specific ones I'm planning on but I really should get to at least a couple of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment